Katie Huso focuses her practice on insurance coverage and civil litigation. She regularly advises her insurance clients on a broad range of property and liability coverage issues and has achieved successful outcomes for her clients through declaratory judgment actions.
Katie also has significant civil litigation experience in the defense of personal injury, professional negligence/E&O, products liability, and employment disputes. She has represented individuals, businesses, and public entities in litigation throughout Montana, including trial and appeal, as well as in administrative and regulatory proceedings.
Katie has an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. She has been recognized in Mountain States Super Lawyers every year since 2015. She is also active in her community, serving on the Board of Directors of the Yellowstone Area Bar Association, Montana Justice Foundation, the Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter, and as a volunteer advocate for CASA of Yellowstone County.
In her spare time, Katie enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her husband and two miniature dachshunds.
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Employment Litigation
- University of Montana School of Law, J.D., 2007
- California State University Long Beach, B.A., 2003
- U.S. District Courts, Montana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
AWARDS & HONORS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2021-2022
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2020
- Billings Gazette “40 Under Forty” Honoree, 2016
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Montana
- Yellowstone Area Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Billings Chamber of Commerce
- Yellowstone Area Bar Association Family Law Project – Pro Bono Volunteer
- CASA of Yellowstone County – Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Montana Justice Foundation, Board of Directors
- Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter, Board of Directors – President
- 2019 Leadership Billings Graduate