Katie Huso focuses her practice on insurance coverage and civil litigation. She regularly provides opinions to insurance clients on a broad range of property and liability coverage issues and has achieved successful outcomes for her clients through declaratory judgment actions.
Katie also has significant civil litigation experience in the defense of personal injury, professional negligence/E&O, products liability, and employment disputes. She has represented individuals, businesses, and public entities in litigation throughout Montana, including trial and appeal.
Katie has an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. She has been selected as a Mountain States Super Lawyers “Rising Star” every year since 2015. Katie is also a Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America.
In her spare time, Katie enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her husband and two rescue dachshunds.
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Employment Litigation
- University of Montana School of Law, J.D., 2007
- California State University Long Beach, B.A., 2003
- U.S. District Courts, Montana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
AWARDS & HONORS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2019
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Montana
- Yellowstone Area Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Billings Chamber of Commerce
- Yellowstone Area Bar Association Family Law Project
- Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter, Board of Directors – President
- 2019 Leadership Billings Graduate